5.30.2009

Pool Time

On Wednesday I had this great idea to take Halle to the pool. So, I got in my suit, borrowed a suit for Halle from a neighbor, got sun screened up, grabbed some towels treats and juice and was out the door. We walked the long walkway to the Tennis Club entrance, got inside and the guy gave us a funny look. I asked "is the pool open?"
He said, "no, well it is just for swim team."
me: "when does swim team use it?"
him: " 4:30"
me: "oh, i guess i should have called first"

Ok is it just me or is it freaking hot outside and anyone in their rite mind who has a pool, has it open? What the H tennis club, open your pool to the members who are paying out the butt every month when it is summer. Ok, maybe i am just mad because I was an idiot and assumed the Tennis Club was open.

Halle kept saying "swimming!" because i told her we were going swimming. I felt so bad so I went to ShopKo, bought a $6.99 blow up pool for the back yard, and set it up. Best 7 buck purchase of my life. Halle can't get enough of her pool, and the water. Who needs the Tennis Club when you can have your own pool in your back yard!


I love her face in this one, sorry it is so off center, but this girl doesn't hold still.

Lisa's kids came over friday and they had a blast with the slip and slide and the pool. Halle wasn't affraid of getting wet that is for sure. She would run down the slip and slide, fall and just giggle about getting water in her face. I was so proud of her. Hose water is freezing!










After a long day in the sun this is what four kids look like.

Halle and Laina have a love hate relationship. As you can see in Laina's face while they hug.

6 comments:

Sarah M said...

i always thought that the tennis club opened on memorial day weekend. i want to get a pool for caroline, i know she would love it. halle is too cute. i can't believe how fast she is getting so big. love her.

Allison said...

Thanks for reminding me how great kiddie pools are. We are going to go pick one up next week!

Tasha said...

we just changed our blog address be sure to update it!

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

I have seriously the cutest nieces and nephew oh my gosh what a fun day! And that is hillarious about the tennis club, what a joke.

Unknown said...

Oh Lacey. This post made me laugh out loud. I'm so sorry The Tennis Club was such a disappointment. Next time my dear you should probably call ahead, he he. But seriously who needs the Tennis Club when you can have a sweet kiddie pool like the one you have?!

kate moss said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! Halle is so cute! I have that same suit for Mya, I love it.
And Yes that girl on my blog is Sabrina Zurcher, how do you know her?