5.10.2010

Happy Mother's Day

So after my post that made fun of women and how silly we can be, I would like to write a post on how amazing and wonderful women are. I don't have many words just this wonderful quote I found that was given in the Conference Report in October 1942,
“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”

I believe all women are mothers because we take care of one another, so to all the women who have influenced me, and mothered me in my life I would like to say thank you, and Happy Mothers Day! 


I would especially like to say thank you to my Mom who is AMAZING! I have loved living at home with her. She has helped me so much with raising my own children and i can never thank her enough for all the love she shows me and my children, I love you mom!

 I would also like to thank my wonderful Mother in Law, who is an amazing mother to all those around her. I can truly say that I am the luckiest girl ever, because I got the best mother in law! (ps she made that dress for Halle's blessing)

Her mother, "Bub" was also a wonderful woman who i look up to and love dearly and am grateful I was able to have her as a grandma and as an example of complete selfless service. 

Russ's other Grandma was also an amazing example to me, her zest and love for life and everyone around her makes me want to be just like her when i grow up!

I didn't know either of my grandma's but i know they have been watching over me and helping me from beyond. The lives they lead and the legacy they left are some of the most inspiring stories of love and have helped me to be the person I am today.

And to all of my sisters, sister in laws, and friends who are such amazing moms, and good examples to me, thank you and i love you!
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post. Yay for all the women in the world. I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful and relaxing. Love you friend.

Lani said...

Thanks Lace that said it all! I love you and you are an amazing mother and I am so thankful to have so many wonderful women in my life too!

Lilianne said...

Your mom IS so awesome! And so are you! I'm so grateful for great mothers. Yay! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. You're the best, Lace!

Lindsey said...

Thanks sister, Happy mother's day to you!