11.04.2010

This is Halloween, this is Halloween . . .

For Halloween, or on my bday :) we had an exciting day. I started the day with a 5k race Spread the Magic, put on by my amazing friend Laura. This was the first time they did the race and it was and amazing success. It was to raise money for the Coleman Family

Anyway i ran my fastest time yet for a 5k which i am proud of. Oh and the night before Russ took me to La Caille for my birthday, which was delicious but OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. I am glad I have gone once in my life but I really don't need to go back there. So i had this huge steak and ice cream sundae (we also hit up Leatherby's on the way home from dinner) in my stomache like a gut bomb, but it didn't affect my race too much, i don't think.

After the race we went home and played in the leaves outside. Russ had to go winterize the sprinklers at our rental homes. Halle LOVED jumping into the piles of leaves and was so excited for "trick-or-treats" that night.


I love this one of Halle!






Silly girl!



I just had to add this one in. That squirrel lives in my parents backyard, well a tree in their backyard. We watch it run back and forth storing nuts from this black walnut tree. i think this picture is pretty cool, he is in mid air!
 That night we had our Ward Halloween party. It was fabulous as usual. This year they had a costume contest, i was shocked when they said our family won best costume overall. It was fun.
Lisa's family all came up to go to the party and Trick-or-Treating. Lisa made her own cosume and was a black widow spider, she looked awesome. Laina is Dora, Naya a Cat, and Kai a transformer and Dale is a . . . "reasonable consumer" (The Office, anyone?)

My Mom is a Three Amigo (she came up with the idea all on her own, i am so proud) and my Dad is a snow sidewalk scraper, i don't know why but when i see this picture i think of Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. . . maybe it's the chili stain on his shirt (pretty sure it was not part of the costume:) i love my parents!


After the party we went Trick-or-Treating. Halle was a die hard. She was running to every door, we had to tell her to slow down and wait for the other kids. She would take handfuls of candy and before the person had closed the door she would say, "let's go to another one" it was so cute. All of Lisa's kids wanted to go home except Kai but Halle didn't want to stop. It was pretty entertaining.
"Trick-or-Treat!"


The stash! and the runny nose to go with it.

Russ's parents came to the Party with us. 
They are so cute and Halle loves her Mimi and Papa!

This was taken in front of the Watkins house. 
They grew those pumpkins in their back yard, they were huge! 

Overall a fabulous Birthday/Halloween!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

A few things.

1. You did rock that race. You were so great to come run it especially since it was YOUR BIRTHDAY! Thanks again and again.

2. I know exactly which Office episode Dale was referring to. It love that one.

3. Your sister's costume was awesome.

4. You shouldn't be surprise you guys won! Your costumes were fantastic.

5. If you need to get rid of any of your candy let me know. :)

The Speres said...

I miss the Parley's 6th Ward Party! The chili...the spook-alley...the cake walk (I hope they still do the cake walk...)! And I love that your mom went as a Three Amigo! So original.

And NICE JOB on your best 5K time!

Hope to see you soon!

chelsea b james said...

i'm dying over your kiddos and the giant spider costume.

Lani said...

oh man I wish we could have been there! you all look great! I especially love mom and dad's costumes too funny! I am glad to see the sombrero is getting some good use since you had to cart that around Mexico and it sat on your lap through the whole flight home. Classic!

McCall B. said...

I totally remember sliding down your slide into a pile of leaves as a kid! So fun, and so fun that Halle gets to have these fun memories too.

Eric and Hayley said...

Cousin Eddy...hahahahahha!!!